Do you want to stand out from the crowd with your online tutoring business? Most people that I talk with about their tutoring business tell me that they put their information on one site and they are upset that people are not contacting them about tutoring online. In fact, many of these people within a couple of months give up their dream of tutoring online, because they don’t know how to get new clients.
Well, I am here to help you. I know you are on a budget. I was too when I first started out. I am here to tell you that it can be done. It does take effort, but if you put in consistent time and energy to attracting new clients on a daily basis, then you too will have a flourishing business and you will never have to rely on getting a typical J-O-B again.
Online Advertising for Online Tutoring Business
1. Get a website.
2. Start a blog
3. Create a facebook page
4. Write a book – Here is an example. 31 Days to Become a Better Reader
5. Start a Hangout on Google +
6. Send an e-mail to your friends and family about your business and ask them to send it to 5 people that they think could use your services.
7. Create Youtube videos
8. Start using Aweber and collect e-mail addresses from people that visit your site
9. Place free ads on Craigslist
10. Learn search engine optimization and put rich keywords into all of your content online.
11. E-mail a weekly newsletter to people who opt in.
12. Article marketing
13. Comment on other people’s blogs
14. Start a podcast series
15. Guest blogging
16. Send out press releases
17. Join target market groups on Linked-In, Facebook, Google + and participate frequently
18. Get your website listed in Google places
19. Collect testimonials from your current clients on LinkedIn to use with all of your marketing
20. Become a member of HARO and give quotes for newspapers. http://www.helpareporter.com/
21. Collect video testimonials
22. Completely fill out your LinkedIn Profile page
23. Create joint venture relationships with other online tutors.24. Help other people out with their businesses, people like to return favors (but don’t expect them to)
25. Create an e-mail signature with your website.
26. Come up with a blogging plan to promote people reading your blog posts.
27. Do a rafflecopter giveaway.
28. Get listed in tutoring directories.
Offline Advertising for Online Tutoring Business
29. Word of Mouth – Tell all of your friends and family.
30. Put advertising on your car
31. Call local schools – and try to get on their list of approved tutors
32. Join Networking groups
33. Take care of your current clients – Referrals are your biggest source of new clients.
34. Offer a free assessment and session
35. Hang up some signs.
36. Create flyers to put in Starbucks and laundry mats
37. Ask current clients to spread the word about what you do (Most of the time you don’t even have to ask, they love spreading the word about a great tutor)
38. Get business cards and hand them out to interested people
39. Restaurant placemats
40. Run a friends and family promotion
41. Create a brochure
42. Get a table at a community based event
43. Tell your neighbors
44. Create coupons for silent auctions.
45. Send Christmas cards to current and past clients
46. Hold a customer appreciation party and ask your clients to bring friends.
47. Listen- you will hear others talking about needing services your provide. Then find out more information to determine if they are a right fit and tell them what you do.
48. Make yourself available for speaking engagements.
49. Put a coupon on the back of your business card
50. Get involved in Social Events
If you found this helpful and want more helpful tips, then register for my free webinar called 3 Secrets to Getting Online Tutoring Students to stand out from the rest of the online tutors out there and get your business booming. I am here to support you every step of the way.