1. I love to crochet. I crochet everywhere including the car, bible study, and soccer games.
2. I danced competitively at Cathy Taylor dance studio in Auburn MA for about 8 years.
3. I had braces for 6 very long years in middle school and high school.
4. When I was a baby I drank kerosene that was left on the floor and was admitted to the hospital to have my stomach pumped.
5. I met my husband my second week in college and we have now been married for over 15 years.
6. I lived on a farm growing up and woke up daily to the wonderful smell of cow manure. Hmmm….how I miss those days.
7. I love popcorn. It is absolutely my favorite food in the world.
8. I like to go to the movies, but not because of the movie. Just give me the POPCORN.
9. I am addicted to zulily. Give me a good deal on great clothing and I can’t resist.
10. I am not a sports fan. I live in WI and whether the Packer’s win or not actually does not affect my day. LOL
11. Even though I am not a sports fan I do spend most weekends at one of kids soccer games. I am not looking forward to the colder weather that comes with fall and soccer. NOT!
12. My favorite freetime activity besides crocheting is laying in a floaty in my pool. Oh how I am going to miss the summer.
13. I have been to Macau and Hong Kong in China with my entire family when my children were 2, 4, and 6.
14. I love books. Books on tape, kindle books, hold in the hand books, and so much more. I live, eat, and dream about books. O.k maybe I don’t eat them, but if they were a food group I may consider it.
15. I helped raise $100,000 for Locks of Love and shaved all of the hair off my head. I have the pictures to prove it. Yup, ever last piece and I am so glad that I went through with it.
Before donating our hair.
Priceless look of me before getting all of my hair chopped off.
Final picture. That is me to the far left.
16. I love teaching. It is right on top of the list with reading and popcorn.
17. I wrote 4 books in one year and they all become Best Selling Books on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00AG6RMMM
18. I have a tattoo of a purple heart on my ankle.
19. I am currently knitting my own pair of socks. Yes, I know that I can buy them at the store, but it is really fun to create things from yarn and my own hands.
20. I lived through Hurricane Gloria in 1985. I will never forget seeing the eye of the storm. http://youtu.be/9tPtalJSPNc
21. I also lived through the blizzard of 1978. I was only two years old, but I still remember it. http://youtu.be/l_mVLHc_TRg
22. My dad grew the biggest pumpkin, 470 pounds, at the Topsfield Fair in in 1992. I helped inspire my dad do this by listening to all of his exciting stories everyday and measure his pumpkin. He would take guesses as to how big it was, but never in a million years did he think he would be the $1000 winner.
23. I love technology. iPads, iphone, computer, the internet. I love everything about it.
24. My favorite games to play on the iPad at night when everyone else is asleep is Montezuma 3 and Word Crack.
25. I was in every single play in high school. I even got to dance around in the dark with lights attached all over my body. Don’t ask why this was a high school play. I can’t even remember the name of it.
26. I got stung in the mouth by a bee once because it was in my soda can.
27. I graduated from Marquette University Suma Cum Laude.
28. I received a 4.0 GPA while getting my Master’s at Cardinal Stritch. It is amazing how nobody really cares about your grades after your under-graduate years.
29. I love public speaking. I made a decision in college to do everything I could to get over the fear of it because I knew that I would speak in public as an adult.
30. I make a living by teaching kids to read via Skype.
What is the most interesting thing that you can share about yourself?